Embrace the latest technology and give citizens the service they’re counting on.
Digital assistants such as Amazon’s Alexa and Google Assistant have launched a technology trend that’s becoming a staple for the way people look for information and service.
E-Gov link now has a skill for Amazon’s Alexa and an action for Google Assistant. Local governments can take advantage of this technology and provide hands free 24/7 service to citizens, while saving staff time!
Here are some ways local governments are benefiting from voice integration service:
- Citizens can interact with City Hall any time of day in the comfort of their home, just by asking Alexa or Google to open E-Gov and tap into information they seek:
*Updates on Local Events
*Access to Report Concerns
*Updates on Community Issues
- Can be used as a digital assistant in the office, equipped with a wealth of hands free information for staff and visitors
- Save staff time in helping eliminate daily, mundane phone inquiries
- Staff and citizens can access sought out information while on the go through Google Assistant on mobile devices
- Create a buzz and engage with your community using cutting-edge technology
- Build trust with your community in providing 24/7 easy access to the information they want
- Stay current on what information citizens are searching
Here are some examples illustrating the types of questions
E-Gov Link’s voice integration can answer instantly at the citizens prompt:
- Can you report tall grass at 625 Maple Street?
- Can you report a pot hole at the corner of 9th and Liberty Street?
- Where do I vote?
- How do I file a private complaint?
- What is our branch Library’s phone number?
- Who are the town council members?
- When is the next council meeting?
- When is my property tax bill due?
- What are the Trick or Treat hours this year?
- Can you reserve the township lodge hall for me on October 28th?
- Can you report a traffic light out at the corner of Main and 1st street?
- Are the soccer games rained out?
- What events are happening in our Township this weekend?
- Do I need a permit for a new deck?
- Where is the Farmers Market?
- When will you plow my street?
- Where do I obtain a marriage license?
- How long will Lake Street be closed?
Here’s some feedback we have received about E-Gov Link’s Voice Integration Service:
- Our staff thought it was pretty cool!
- This is the future!
- Our FAQ’s now benefit website users and Alexa users!
- Having the ability to view queries is a great way for the city to see what information people are searching
- It will be an extremely helpful tool for any user!
Don’t be left behind! Embrace voice integration technology today and be on the forefront as this technology inevitably becomes a means of communication your citizens will rely upon for daily interactions.
E-Gov Link helps local governments get the most out of their technology investment. We are always looking for ways to help improve citizen service and save staff time.
E-Gov Link is more than just a website design & development provider, we partner with you to Build a Stronger Link to Your Community!
Create a more user-friendly experience
Provide residents more self-service options
Save staff time and increase productivity
Download a printable version here.